Are you injured and unsure what to do when your car is hit by a truck in California? If so, make sure that you never speak with a truck accident claims adjuster after the crash!  If the truck driver was at fault, or if you were driving a truck and a car hit you, it is important to know when it is appropriate to speak with the insurance company for the person that caused the crash. Instead you must hire an attorney as soon as possible to protect you and your family.

 When it comes to trucking accidents, Daneshvar Law will fight to get you the money you deserve for:

  • past medical bills
  • future medical bills
  • past lost wages
  • future loss of earning capacity
  • pain and suffering
  • mental anguish
  • loss of enjoyment of life

In the event that a truck driver crashes into a family member and kills them, we will make a claim for:

  • mental pain and suffering
  • medical and funeral expenses
  • lost support and services

Truck accident claims are different than car accident claims because:

  1. Truck drivers are subject to many more regulations that are drivers of cars.
  2. The event data recorder of the truck should be preserved.
  3. There may be additional sources of insurance that are not typically available in a car accident case.  These include, but are not limited to, insurance on the trailer, dispatcher and broker-shipper liability)
  4. It is crucial that all evidence be preserved.


If a truck crashes into you and causes your injuries, we will fight to quickly get you a rental car after an accident and  get the insurance company to quickly fix your car after an accident. We may also hire an accident reconstruction expert to help strengthen your case.

We will immediately set up a claim, in writing, with the insurance company for the car or truck that was caused your accident.

We will immediately request and send all of your medical bills and records to truck driver’s and owner’s insurance company and any other insurers involved.

If you were in a truck that was hit by a car and you were seriously injured we will:

  1. Make sure that the event data recorder is downloaded from the truck. You will need to hire an expert to do this.
  2. Send a request, in writing, to the driver and owner of the car that hit you asking him or her to preserve the OnStar (or similar) event data recorder.
  3. Take pictures of the damage to any vehicles involved.

We will immediately get witness statements and if appropriate, we will make a claim for punitive damages if the truck driver was drunk.